Faxing over an IP connection more often than not presents its challenges to both Customers and Network Providers. Fax cannot be considered or treated the same as Voice.
Fax can be a contentious issue for most providers with the general suggestion either being to retain existing Telkom lines for fax, or to migrate to a Fax to Email service. Some providers do support faxing over their IP network which would require you to have a fax machine and provider that is T.38 compliant (for Fax over IP), or an SIP ATA / Adapter which which you can then plug your traditional fax machine into.
The most widely adopted solution for faxing remains to be with next generation Fax to Email.
We were introduced to a unique provider a while ago, and their value proposition was that clients reliant on their Telkom landline number for faxing, could port their number into their Fax to Email service!
Virtual Fax’s complete focus is to provide efficient, cost effective fax solutions. They understand the unique challenges of the industry, and have a proven track record of the successes achieved. Virtual Fax has pioneered the next generation in Fax Solutions by introducing a revolutionary method to sending and receiving faxes.
Hundreds of customers choose to receive faxes on the Virtual network over traditional fax machines because:
- All faxes received on the Virtual Fax network are archived for 10 years at no cost to their clients
- Each user is assigned a Personal Fax inbox which can be accessed via secure login on the web
- Every fax has a unique tracking number which ensures that NO fax will ever get “lost”
- Less paper and toner are used due to faxes being delivered to an e-mail inbox - you choose which ones you want to print = significant cost savings
- You will save alot of time and money, and will have the convenience of sending and receiving faxes on your laptop or cellphone wherever you are
The Virtual Fax solution is superior to traditional 0866/0865/0862/085 fax to e-mail solutions because:
- Calling a Virtual Fax number is charged at almost half the rate of traditional fax to e-mail solution
- Sending a Fax through the Virtual Fax network is on per second billing
- With traditional Fax to e-mail solutions, Faxes which exceed the users email quota is rejected altogether, whereas the Virtual Fax, the settings are “user defined” and irrespective of the size of the fax, the user will receive the attachment or a link to view the fax online before downloading.
- No faxes will be lost with the Virtual Fax to e-mail solution and a full audit trail is available for faxes sent and received.